Source: BC Hydro
Job Title: Drafter 2 - Electrical, P & C, Telecommunications
Job Number: BCH-R-8087-190808E1
Job Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Job Status: Full-time (37.5 hrs/wk) Permanent
Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing many different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk, whatever it is that makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.
We’re investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the growing demand for safe, reliable power. We’re upgrading transmission lines, building new substations, and investing in our hydroelectric generation facilities. We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth, and a healthy work/life balance. We’ve been recognized for excellence and been named one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for 4 years in a row.
It’s our vision is to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about power in all we do.
- Produces or revises, using computer assisted drafting applications or by hand, a variety of routine engineering and schematic drawings used for civil and structural, electrical, protection and control, telecommunications or mechanical projects from information provided in the form of design sketches and written or verbal instructions.
- Performs basic calculations to determine dimensions, elevations, and slopes, checking data for obvious conflicts or design errors and determining the most appropriate layout of drawings and presentation of information.
- Performs a variety of related functions such as totaling quantities of materials and components from drawings, checking availability of components and materials, writing material lists; visits worksites to gather information, observe site conditions, and/or take measurements and perform basic survey tasks.
- Ensures all drawings prepared in the section are correctly retrieved and stored in the drawing management system and performs basic updating on computerized drawing management system.
- Maintains workstation in good operating condition; operates and may maintain related plotters, printers, and scanners.
- Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties which do not affect the rating of the job.
- Diploma in drafting from a government accredited technical institute or equivalent.
- Approximately 24 months of experience.
This position is affiliated with the Movement of United Professionals union (MoveUP/COPE):
Please Note: The interview process will include a set of technical questions and a CADD test.
Electrical background is preferred.
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by August 23, 2019.
Click here to access the job posting or visit the BC Hydro “Current Opportunities” Careers page to view and apply for jobs.
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
On the BC Hydro Careers site, click on the 'Apply' button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your certifications, if applicable.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking, and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in BC. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work.
- We are safe.
- We are here for our customers.
- We are one team.
- We act with integrity.
- We respect our province.
- We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.