Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
Aggregate Resource Manager
The Ministry of Transportation plays an integral role in promoting economic growth and meeting the social needs within the province of BC through the development approval programs it administers. The Ministry of Transportation is the agency responsible for maintaining and rehabilitating public highways including those dedicated and constructed by subdivision plans and land use applications.
The Aggregate Resource Management group is responsible for organizing, leading, and managing teams comprised of professional, technical, administrative, and contracted resources to supply aggregate materials to facilitate the delivery of Regional Capital, Rehabilitation, District and Partnerships Projects, as well as Provincial Road and Bridge Maintenance Contracts. The Aggregate Management Program ensures that an adequate quantity and quality of aggregate resources are available to meet the Ministry of Transportation’s current and future needs, in the right locations and timeframes, considering societal costs. This group also acts as the resource in the furtherance of Aggregate Resource Management expertise throughout the Province.
Working for BC Public Service offers a competitive salary, diverse work environment, a healthy work/life balance, and excellent benefits. In addition to the base salary for Professional Employee Association members, there is an allowance to cover professional fees, strong dental and medical plans, and much more. Salary listed does not include the additional 7% Overtime Shift Standby (OSS) provision that can be taken as taken as time off or salary on an annual basis which is on top of four (4) weeks annual leave.
- Candidate must be registered or immediately eligible for registration with Engineers and Geoscientists BC;
- Master’s degree in a related discipline with minimum 4 years’ experience directly related to aggregate resource management following completion of degree; or
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with minimum 6 years’ experience directly related to aggregate resource management following completion of degree;
- Experience interpreting and applying Ministry of Energy and Mines and Work Safe BC Health and Safety Regulations and Ministry contract policy and language;
- Project management experience in infrastructure planning, design, and/or construction;
- Experience leading staff on projects or program delivery;
- Experience negotiating agreements with other levels of government or First Nations; and
- Preference may be given to candidates with extensive technical experience in work associated with civil, geotechnical or geological engineering, related to highway construction, rehabilitation and project management, managing road design, and construction or repair projects involving multiple stakeholders.
For more information and to apply online by June 2, 2019, please go to: bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/60607
Attention: only applications submitted through the BC Public Service’s employment website (see link above) will be accepted.