WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 37,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP, we’re proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer for the position of Team Lead in our Geotechnical Department, located at our Langley, BC, office. WSP also has a geotechnical group in Vancouver and the candidate will be required to integrate with and work with that group to facilitate synergies beneficial to both groups. The Team Lead will play a critical role in managing professional and technical staff as well as managing technical projects and client relationships while mentoring and developing junior engineers. Reporting to the BU Lead, the Team Lead is a key component of delivering on our strategic geotechnical growth plans for the BC and Canadian business.
- Assist Business Unit Lead in managing the day-to-day activities of the geotechnical team in Langley, BC, to deliver and execute the vision and to maintain the profitability/performance of the group.
- Remain highly active on project delivery and billable work.
- The Team Lead is the first level of supervision within the group and provides day-to-day guidance and communication to his or her team on various aspects of the business.
- Manage technical aspects of geotechnical investigations for buildings, highways, bridges, retaining walls, slope stability, and municipal infrastructure.
- Prepare, write, and review proposals and technical reports.
- Conduct and review geotechnical engineering analysis.
- Assist team in business development and developing internal and external clients along with strong client interaction, and
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Degree in geo-engineering discipline such as geotechnical engineering or geological engineering.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in geo-engineering field in Canada (experience in the lower mainland of BC considered an asset).
- Prior experience managing a team within a consulting geotechnical engineering environment and responsibilities for business development.
- Registered P.Eng. status with Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
- A high level of proficiency with current geotechnical software applications.
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence, and
- Strong technical, oral, and written communication skills.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities microsite.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.