How often does an opportunity come along to work on exciting and challenging water and wastewater projects that make a visible difference in many communities?
The AWC team has designed, fabricated, and delivered over 500 integrated water and wastewater plants across North America and internationally. Whether it is a complete, complex design-build project or just an equipment supply, AWC specializes in all aspects of delivering innovative water and wastewater treatment plants on-time and on-budget.
We are now looking for an experienced water and wastewater engineer to join our team and a professional who brings leadership and dedication to the work they do and the communities they serve.
Ideally, as our Water and Wastewater Engineer you will be involved with:
- Engineering design of water/wastewater treatment plants and a variety of other turnkey industrial process packages.
- Designing water treatment systems using conventional filtration, dissolved air flotation, ultra-filtration, and nano-filtration technologies.
- Designing wastewater treatment systems using MBR, Activated Sludge, and Attached Growth Moving Bed Bio Reactor technologies.
- Managing water and wastewater treatment projects, including specifications, cost estimates, and contract documents.
- Supporting business development opportunities in securing new projects, including bid proposals.
- Liaising with external engineers and contractors in the successful implementation of water and wastewater treatment projects.
- Performing bench scale jar testing and pilot system testing.
- Travelling to project sites, as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ progressive experience, ideally in water and wastewater process design, including, hands-on experience with commissioning.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, environmental, process, or chemical engineering.
- Registration or eligibility to be registered with the Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
- Solid understanding of fundamental water/wastewater engineering principles, standards, and specifications.
- Knowledge of regional, provincial, and federal environmental regulations.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written), interpersonal, and customer-service skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality results and practical solutions.
- Strong analytical and decision-making abilities.
- Solid organizational and time-management skills.
- Self-starter and motivator who enjoys working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel to project sites.
Industry Leading Compensation Packages. AWC has developed a compensation package for each position that rewards employees for hard work and results. From base salary to group benefits to position specific perks, team members are rewarded for their part and contribution to the growth of AWC.
Professional Development. AWC is a strong believer in lifelong personal and professional growth and development. We support all team members to reach their full potential. A healthy mind and heart lend to a healthy contributor to the success of the company. As such, AWC also provides subsidies for various fitness passes or activities for their activity of choice.
Work Hard, Play Hard. At AWC, we have a love for life and a love of what we do. We are certainly a fun place to work, with company-sponsored monthly social nights, and other team events throughout the year. We are a fast-growing company where challenging assignments are just part of everyday work. The AWC team is committed to maintaining a professional environment while connecting with every member on a personal level.
Visit us at awcwater.com to learn more about who we are and what we offer.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.