You want to be part of a team that designs the transportation systems you’ll be driving for years to come. You understand what’s involved in taking a complex transportation project from planning through to design and construction. You have progressive experience working on project teams and place a high importance on quality work. You seek like-minded engineers who want to build better roads together.
Binnie is looking for a Highway Design Manager to join our Highway Design Division. Our team has been recognized for notable projects including the role of Owner’s Engineer on the Port Mann Highway 1 Improvement Project, and detailed design of the Highway 1 at 216 Street Interchange in Langley.
From our Burnaby office near scenic Deer Lake, you will manage transportation design assignments for a broad spectrum of transportation projects. The projects vary in scope and complexity from rural 4-lane projects to large urban interchanges.
You will play a lead role in a talented and diverse team of Engineers, Project Managers, Designers and Technologists and apply your highway design expertise to develop optimal design solutions.
- Managing and leading transportation design projects;
- Acting as Engineer-of-Record on transportation design projects;
- Preparing construction cost estimates and contract documents;
- Preparing proposals and writing reports in coordination with our proposal team;
- Dealing directly with clients on project scope, schedule, and budget;
- Mentoring design staff and providing guidance to the Highway Design team;
- Maintaining complete design records and project design files;
- Reviewing work and completing quality control procedures as per Binnie’s Organizational Quality Management Policy (OQM); and
- Keeping up-to-date with knowledge of design engineering, legislation, and codes.
- 10–15 years of related experience in design or project management in a civil engineering environment;
- Registration as a P.Eng. with Engineers and Geoscientists BC, or equivalent;
- Familiarity with BC Ministry of Transportation and TAC Geometric Design Guidelines;
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D;
- Strong communication and time management skills and ability to work concurrently on several different projects;
- Excellent attention to detail to consistently produce accurate, high-quality work;
- Proven team management and delegation skills; and
- Confidence to perform design work with minimal supervision.
We are the people behind the infrastructure you use every day. We’re small enough to know each other’s names, and big enough to be where we’re needed. As an employee-owned firm and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we take pride in our work and are respected as one of the top engineering firms in British Columbia. We support some of the most important infrastructure in the province and beyond.
We’re looking for professionals who want to build careers and communities that last. We can’t do it without you.
People come first. We support you with the education, mentoring, and growth opportunities you need to build an interesting career. As an employee-owned firm, we create a clear internal growth path that can keep up with even the most ambitious professionals. Whether it’s soccer or coffee clubs, hockey pool, lunchtime yoga, Movember or Bowling for Big Brothers, everyone can get involved in their own way.
Let us know why you want to work at Binnie, and why you would be a fit as our next Highway Design Manager. Submit your application at the link below.
Thank you for your interest in Binnie. We look forward to reviewing your application.