Our thriving Surrey office is looking to hire an Intermediate Transportation Engineer to enhance our current professional practice. Our teams work closely with our clients to solve complex, multi-stakeholder transportation issues through the delivery of high-quality functional engineering, detailed design, and implementation of transportation infrastructure. Our work includes all types of transportation infrastructure to support the movement of people and goods, including highways, urban roads, and active transportation corridors. We are known for our ability to solve complex technical challenges, for clear communication, and for the ability to integrate all modes of transportation in response to local needs. We have extensive in-house capabilities to take transportation projects through the various planning, design, and implementation phases.
Continuing demand for innovative solutions in transportation design and engineering has prompted our search for a talented and motivated individual. In this role, you will have the opportunity to support and lead a variety of projects for clients throughout Western Canada. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Lead preliminary and detailed transportation engineering design assignments;
- Support, coordinate, and expedite activities of a transportation design team to achieve project objectives;
- Contribute to the production of engineering designs, including highways, urban streets, and active transportation connections;
- Prepare detailed engineering designs, cost estimates, risk registers, plans, reports, construction schedules, and supporting documentation;
- Coordinate the efforts of multi-disciplinary design teams through the development of concepts, detailed designs, and preparation of tender documents and contracts;
- Contribute technical leadership to the design and delivery of transportation infrastructure within our Design-Build practice, focusing on projects across Western Canada;
- Assign junior personnel to various projects and monitors their progress;
- Guide and mentor junior engineers and designers;
- Prepare and manage work plans, schedules, and budgets; and
- Strengthen on our relationships with local, regional, and provincial government agencies by providing exceptional, technically sound service that provides deliverables unique to each assignment, tailored to suit the specific needs of each client and stakeholder.
Registration, or eligibility for registration, as a professional engineer (P.Eng.) in BC, or registration engineer-in-training (EIT) is required.