Performance appraisals serve many vital functions in an organization, but are not an end in themselves. Used to its maximum benefit, the performance appraisal is the means by which everyone in the organization understands, and is held accountable for, meeting a truly important objective—accomplishing the corporate vision. Many formal appraisal systems, if an organization even has one, provide little or no link to the corporate vision of the company. This course will show you how you can take your performance appraisal form in one hand, your company vision in the other, and tightly link the two together to achieve your corporate strategy.
- The 6 important questions to ask when determining your mission and vision.
- How companies like Amazon, Zappos, Starbucks, and Nordstrom use core values to manage performance.
- How to create a simple, clear job description by focusing on key outcomes for the role.
- How to embed your organizations’ strategic priorities into your performance management system.
- Specific tools that you can add to your management tool-box.
- A vital and vigorous four-phase Performance Management System that links the individual’s performance with the organization’s vision.
- How to help employees design weekly action priorities aligned with your organization’s vision, mission, and values.
- Team survey to “temperature-check” your employee’s connection to your current corporate vision.
- Examples of exceptional visions and core values—a template for your organization.
Leaders at any level who have responsibility for managing the performance of others.
Certified Executive Coach with Advanced Credentials Held for the Proven Coach, Marriott Management Group Inc.
A former executive in the food industry, Lesley-Ann has over 25 years of leadership and management experience. She has facilitated 100's of corporate partnerships at the most senior levels of the world's largest food companies—Coca-Cola, Procter & Gamble, and Nestles. Contracts in excess of $50 million and managing sales of over $2.5 billion were negotiated based on dynamic, collaborative partnerships. Lesley-Ann is Associate Faculty at Royal Roads University, for the graduate-level Executive Coaching program, and a faculty member of the CPA BC and Alberta (Chartered Professional Accountants Association) Executive Programs. She is the principal of Marriott Management Group—a consortium of expert coaches and leaders.