This seminar is for engineers and geoscientists who wish to develop the confidence and writing skills necessary to write effective proposals and reports. Through a series of hands-on workshops, you will learn the key elements of writing and submitting winning proposals and reports, and how to tailor your content for both technical and non-technical audiences. In addition, you will learn to determine what your clients (internal and external) are looking for and how they will evaluate your proposal or review your report.
A good command of the English language. Previous experience in writing proposals or reports is not required.
In this seminar, you will:
- Learn about different types of proposals and reports, and what you need to do during the planning, drafting, and reviewing stages;
- Learn how to write clearly and concisely;
- Ensure that your proposal stands out and articulates your company's key competitive advantages;
- Learn to create reports for senior management and executive leaders, and other specific audience groups;
- Avoid common mistakes for proposals and reports;
- Understand what clients are looking for when they are evaluating proposals; and
- Participate in hands-on workshops.
Engineers and geoscientists who either currently, or will, in the future, need to respond to requests for proposals, requests for qualifications, and other related proposal requests from their clients. This session is also for employees who will need to put together reports that are geared for senior management and executives.
- “Happy with Eric and found to be an effective and good speaker.”
- “Presenter was clear and concise. Enjoyed his lecture.”
- “The number of handouts and examples were very helpful.”
Eric Tung, MA
Principal Consultant, Prolepsis Consulting
Eric Tung is Business Communications Lecturer at SFU’s Beedie School of Business, and an English Instructor at UBC’s Extended Learning, where he teaches business and technical writing courses. Eric also develops and delivers customized training programs in technical writing, change management, leadership, facilitation, presentations, negotiations, sales, and customer service. In terms of business communications, Eric also writes proposals and business plans for clients.
In addition to teaching and training, as a principal consultant at Prolepsis Consulting, Eric is a business transformation and senior change management consultant, where he advises firms on large-scale organizational-wide changes. He has extensive experience leading and implementing transformation programs and projects, and works with both internal and external stakeholders to assess and support organizational readiness. Eric coaches staff across all levels and works extensively with both public and private sector organizations.