How do I learn to write more effectively? How can I write for both technical and non-technical audiences?
This seminar provides practical, applicable solutions and techniques for how to express your thoughts succinctly in written format. Through a series of hands-on workshops, you will learn to write effective emails, technical memos, letters, reports, and other documents. Whether you are a junior employee or a seasoned professional in your technical field, this seminar will help you to improve your technical writing skills.
In this seminar, you will learn to:
- Write effective emails, technical memos, letters, and reports;
- Write clearly and concisely;
- Eliminate common errors;
- Organize information effectively and understand how your audiences process information; and
- Use headings, lists, and other tools to help with the readability of your documents.
Engineers and geoscientists who wish to improve their technical writing skills, and who write emails, letters, memos, and reports as part of their role.
What Previous Participants Have Said About the Seminar
- “I was very happy with this course. It was well presented and the topics were of value.”
- “Eric was an excellent presenter. He is engaging and made the class interesting and informative.”
- “Very clear and easy to follow.”
- "Eric did a great job during the course. Did not overwhelm us with terms we did not require.”
- “Great presenter, interactive session, welcoming and open to question.”
- “Eric was an excellent speaker. Was able to stay focused the entire length of the seminar.”