This process has been successfully used on hundreds of projects of all types, including expansions to the Vancouver Domestic Airport, upgrades to four key BC Airport Terminals, development of Blackcomb Ski Resort and the first phase of Whistler Village, redevelopment of Mont Tremblant Ski Resort (Quebec), Expo 86 Pre-Planning, several BC Courthouses and Correctional Facilities, Westwood Plateau, Coquitlam Centre, initial Burrard Inlet Fast Ferry Terminals, creation of the Town of Tumbler Ridge, preliminary plans for Translink Expansions, planning of Edmonton Walter C McKenzie Hospital, redevelopment of five major Alberta Hospitals, new displays in the Royal BC Museum, process improvement for high tech projects, and many others.
Similar workshops have been provided to over 20,000 participants in Canada, United States, England, Australia, India, and Korea.
The workshop is intended for managers, supervisors, specialists, and staff who are involved in, or expect to be involved in, projects of any size or type, either as a leader or as a team member. The concepts presented apply to projects of all sizes and types, from physical construction to softer projects such as changing the work-process in a department.
Course Process and Objectives
Teams of four to five members will be formed at the beginning of the course to learn and experience collaborative project team processes for:
- Planning and scheduling projects;
- Identifying and managing risks;
- Establishing agreements on team practices;
- Improving team meetings;
- Understanding how to work with different personalities;
- Monitoring and evaluating project progress; and
- Improving project practices.
What Previous Participants Have Said About the Seminar
- “Well prepared instructor and relevant experience/examples supported the course content.”
- “The presentation opened my eyes on unknown possibilities.”
- "The team building exercises were valuable tools to bring back to my own team.”
- “The course involved a lot of hands-on open discussion which was an ideal delivery method for the topic.”
- “Excellent course. I’m excited to apply some of the skills with my team.”
- “Excellent quality in material and I was surprised at how actionable the content is.”