From designing seismic-resilient infrastructure, to understanding BC’s unique geological profile, to creating innovative technology and teaching methods, professional engineers and geoscientists continuously work in the public interest.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is asking members to help elevate and celebrate the work and contributions of your peers by submitting a nomination as part of the Engineers and Geoscientists BC awards program.
The President’s Awards, BC’s top awards for professional engineers and professional geoscientists, are presented in the following categories:
- R.A. McLachlan Memorial Award
- C.J. Westerman Memorial Award
- D.C. Lambert Professional Service Award
- Meritorious Achievement Award
- Community Service Award
- Teaching Award of Excellence
- Young Professional Award
2020 Awards Deadlines
- President’s Awards: Nominations accepted until Friday, April 3, 2020
- Sustainability and Environmental Awards: Nominations accepted until Friday, March 20, 2020
- Mentor of the Year Award: Nominations accepted until Friday, April 3, 2020
- Forest Engineering Award of Excellence Nominations accepted February to October, 2020
Along with the President’s Awards, the Mentor of the Year Award recognizes excellence among mentors in the engineering and geoscience community; the Sustainability and Environmental Awards recognize projects that highlight the important contribution the engineering and geoscience professions make to the well-being of human life and the ecosystems upon which we all depend.
The Forest Engineering Award of Excellence—sponsored jointly by Engineers and Geoscientists BC and the Association of BC Forest Professionals—recognizes excellence and promotes cooperation and leadership in forest engineering.
Nominations are now open, and the awards will be presented at our Annual Conference in October 2020. For detailed information about nomination procedures, award terms of reference, and eligibility, visit egbc.ca/awards.
Questions about the association’s awards program can be directed to Amanda Kerby, Communications Specialist, at [email protected] or 604.412.4860.
Photo: Mike Crane Photography