Status of Online Academic Exams
Last Updated on March 21, 2023: We actively update this webpage with the latest information. It is highly recommended that you bookmark and check this page regularly.
The Spring/Summer 2023 session will be taking place from May to June 2023. The exam schedule has been published. Please refer to the Important Exam Information section below for information and updated documents.
AssessBank and eProctor Canada are the exam platform and virtual proctor providers for this session’s examinations. Both AssessBank and eProctor Canada services and servers are hosted in Canada.
For instructions on how to book your exam with eProctor Canada and how to access your AccessBank account, please refer to the Candidate Guide for Online Exams or the guide on How to Access Your Exam.
Please refer to PEO’s Technical Exam Program for a list of technical exams that will be offered in the Spring/Summer 2023 session. Candidates are strongly encouraged to check back to this page for regular updates on the exact dates for each exam.
Schedule and Exam Format
|Exam Schedule and Dates
||Tip: to find your exam date/time more easily, use Search/Find in your PDF application and search for the specific exam code or topic name.
|Exam Formats and List of Aids (Spring/Summer 2023)
||If you are scheduled for an exam this session but your exam does not appear on this list, your respective regulatory body may be setting your exam topic separately. Regulatory staff will be in touch with you regarding the exam status and exam format directly.
|Reference Materials for Specific Technical Examinations
||For 04-BS-07, 16-MEC-B2 and 16-MEC-B3 only. The reference material listed in the PDF must be printed onto paper copies in advance of the examination.
Semi-logarithmic Graphing Paper
|Use of these templates are optional. Your exam may require the use of graphing paper or semi-logarithmic graphs. These are templates that you can print if your exam requires graphing paper.
Note that the printouts cannot be annotated or contain notes prior to the start of your exam.
- If your exam is open book, you may only use physical or printed copies of textbooks or notes. Digital copies of books or notes that requires the use of a digital device are strictly prohibited.
- If your exam is closed book, you are not permitted to use any materials for your exam, unless specifically allowed in the Exam Formats and List of Aids.
We aim to meet the following key milestone dates for the upcoming Spring/Summer 2023 session. These dates are subject to change:
|Exam schedule (Interim)
||March 10, 2023
|Access to your AssessBank account
||Will be activated by April 2023.
Refer to the guide on How to Access Your Exam for login information.
|eProctor Canada Booking Window
||March 20 through to April 3, 2023
|Sync Notification Email (For Uploading Written Solutions)
||At least 2 days before scheduled exam date
Please review the system requirements to ensure that you are equipped to take the exam before your sitting date.
- You are required to use a desktop computer or laptop with a webcam and stable high-speed internet connection to access the exam.
- It is highly recommended that you conduct a Speed Test to ensure your internet speeds meet the requirements to complete your exam with eProctor Canada. eProctor network requirements are: 2.5 Mbps minimum upload speeds and 2.5 Mbps minimum download speeds.
- Ensure that you are using a modern browser (Chrome or Firefox preferred).
- Operating system minimum requirements:
- Windows: Windows 7 or later; or
- Mac: OS X 10.9 or later.
Prior to the Day of Your Exam
Prior to the scheduled exam day:
- Ensure that your username and login work with the AssessBank testing platform.
- Note that you will not see your registered exam until your scheduled exam day. You must not start any exam until you are connected and checked in with a live proctor and your proctor allows you to start the exam.
- Book your virtual proctoring with eProctor Canada during the booking window (March 20 - April 3, 2023). Although you may be registered for an exam with your respective regulator, you must book a time slot with eProctor Canada to be able to connect with a live proctor on the day of your exam.
Important: If you do not book an examination timeslot with eProctor Canada within the booking window, you will not be able to write your examination.
More information and instructions can be found in the Candidate Guide for Online Technical Exams.
On the Day of your Exam
Candidates are expected to log in through the eProctor Canada application at least 30 minutes prior to their scheduled time. This allows time to address any system or internet connectivity issues (if needed) and also allows proctors ample time to conduct the check-in process and review exam procedures.
Please review and closely follow the instructions in the guide on How to Access Your Exam, Do's and Don'ts for Virtual Examinations and the Candidate Guide for Online Technical Exams.
While the examinations are conducted electronically, please be aware that the Examination Misconduct Policy (for Engineers and Geoscientists BC candidates) as well as equivalent policies under other respective regulators are still applicable and enforced. Please take the time to review the attached policy prior to your exam.
If you have questions regarding the academic/technical exam sessions, please contact your respective regulator: