Review on the Record
Engineers and Geoscientists BC has a formal policy for all decisions made by the Credentials Committee, formerly the Registration Committee, under the Professional Governance Act. A review on the record is conducted by the Registrar to review the decision made by the Credentials Committee.
Within 30 days of receipt of a decision made by the Credentials Committee, applicants may apply in writing to the Registrar for a review on the record. An applicant applying for a review on the record must provide, in writing:
- A clear indication of the decision(s) made by the Credentials Committee;
- The position of the applicant suggesting the decision of the Credentials Committee was flawed; and
- The relief sought by the applicant.
Please note that all applicable review on the record fees must be submitted with the application in order to proceed with the review on the record.
A review on the record re-evaluates only the application and documents that the applicant had provided to the Credentials Committee to make its decision.
To request consideration of documentation or other evidence that were not previously submitted to the Credentials Committee, the application for a review on the record must also:
- Specify the documentation or other evidence the applicant wants to be considered; and
- Provide an explanation of how the documentation or other evidence meets the following criteria:
- The documentation was not discoverable by reasonable due diligence before the Credentials Committee made the decision;
- The documentation is relevant in the sense that it bears upon a decisive or potentially decisive issue in the matter;
- The documentation is credible in the sense that it is reasonably capable of belief;
- The documentation is such that, if believed, it could reasonably, when taken with the other evidence that was before the Credentials Committee, be expected to have affected the decision of the Credentials Committee.
The request will be reviewed by the Registrar to determine if it is admissible for consideration.
Following a review on the record, the Registrar will provide its determination in writing to the applicant.
|Review on the Record
||Within 30 days of receipt of the decision letter
For more information about a review of a decision please contact Registration Support at [email protected] or call 604.412.4856.