|Date Posted:||June 20, 2023|
|Status||Up to 1 Year Term|
|Terms of Reference|
The Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia Mentoring Program allows experienced licensed professionals to transfer their skills and knowledge to aspiring registrants on their path to professional licensure.
- It is the responsibility of the mentee to keep Engineers and Geoscientists BC updated on the status of your mentorship. Once the mentorship is finished, you should encourage your mentee to get in touch with Engineers and Geoscientists BC and notify us.
Duties and Expectations
- You will be sharing your knowledge and experiences with a mentee throughout your one year term. This can be done with in-person meetings, emails, phone calls or eMeetings.
Skills and Qualifications
- Professional engineer (P.Eng.), professional geoscientist (P.Geo.), professional licensee - engineering (P.L.Eng.) and professional licensee - geoscience (P.L.Geo.).
- Has a strong understanding of their profession and is willing to share that knowledge with current trainees or applicants.
Term of Office
- Once a successful match is made, it will be for a 1 year term. However the match can be ended at any time by the mentee or mentor.
Average Time Commitment
- It is encouraged that you invest at least 1 hour per month into the program.
Measures of Success
The successful mentor will:
- Share his or her knowledge, information and experiences;
- Provide guidance and constructive feedback;
- Have conversations;
- Learn from each other; and
- Ask open questions, listen actively, clarify, and confirm.
- Opportunity to advance the profession by sharing your knowledge and experience;
- Learn new skills and expand your business network;
- Earn credits for CE Hours; and
- Volunteer appreciation.
How to Apply
Applications for this role are reviewed on a seasonal basis depending on program needs and position availability. You will be contacted when the next application review takes place. We appreciate your interest and look forward to connecting with you.