August 23, 2017
Up to 1 Year Term
The Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia Mentoring Program allows experienced licensed professionals to transfer their skills and knowledge to aspiring registrants on their path to professional licensure.
- It is the responsibility of the mentee to keep Engineers and Geoscientists BC updated on the status of your mentorship. Once the mentorship is finished, you should encourage your mentee to get in touch with Engineers and Geoscientists BC and notify us.
- You will be sharing your knowledge and experiences with a mentee throughout your one year term. This can be done with in-person meetings, emails, phone calls or eMeetings.
- Professional engineer (P.Eng.), professional geoscientist (P.Geo.), professional licensee - engineering (P.L.Eng.) and professional licensee - geoscience (P.L.Geo.).
- Has a strong understanding of their profession and is willing to share that knowledge with current trainees or applicants.
- Once a successful match is made, it will be for a 1 year term. However the match can be ended at any time by the mentee or mentor.
- It is encouraged that you invest at least 1 hour per month into the program.
The successful mentor will:
- Share his or her knowledge, information and experiences;
- Provide guidance and constructive feedback;
- Have conversations;
- Learn from each other; and
- Ask open questions, listen actively, clarify, and confirm.
- Opportunity to advance the profession by sharing your knowledge and experience;
- Learn new skills and expand your business network;
- Earn credits for CE Hours; and
- Volunteer appreciation.
Please visit our For Mentors
page to learn more and apply to become a Mentor.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment that values and respects diversity, both within our organization and in our larger community.