Who Can Become a Mentor?
A mentor is a professional registrant in good standing who has a strong understanding of their discipline and is willing to share that knowledge with current trainees, and applicants.
Why Should I Become a Mentor?
You will have a unique opportunity to impact the career of a less experienced professional, which will not only enhance your leadership and coaching skills, but also enable you to help shape the profession for future generations.
What is Involved?
As a mentor with Engineers and Geoscientists BC, you will be sharing your knowledge and experiences with a mentee throughout a suggested 1-year term. This can be done with in-person meetings, emails, phone calls, or eMeetings. It is encouraged that you invest at least 1 hour per month in the program.
All mentors are required to take a short online training session on our Competency Experience Reporting System and/or work experience requirements.
How to Get Started?
- Apply for the Engineers and Geoscientists BC Mentoring Program as a mentor.
- Once you have qualified for the program, your availability as a mentor is posted in the online mentoring program database.
- At that time, mentees may view your profile on the Mentor Listing and request to be matched with you.
- You will be forwarded automated notifications if a potential match is identified.
- It is the responsibility of the mentee to make initial contact with their assigned mentor.