Educators: What You Need to Know
Engineers and Geoscientists BC’s Career Awareness Program aims to inspire students to pursue a career in the sciences. To do this, the association organizes presentations with schools and after school groups around BC for free through our Career Awareness Program.
Educators requesting a presentation need to:
- Assist us in assessing the impact of our presentations through participation in a short pre-presentation survey and post presentation survey. More information on the surveys is listed below.
- Support volunteers visiting their group through classroom management.
- Please note: Educators are expected to remain in the classroom throughout any visit with our volunteers.
- Ensure that AV equipment is set up in advance (unless otherwise discussed).
- Notify the association if their classroom availability changes.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC’s Career Awareness Program aims to inspire students to pursue a career in the sciences. We want to assess how our presentations impact participants’ views on STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math).
To do this, we’re asking educators to complete a short questionnaire before their presentation and after to see what your students think about their STEM learning experience from our volunteers. This will help us to measure our impact.
Educators who complete these surveys will have an opportunity to win one of three $150 Amazon gift cards.
Do you have questions about organizing a presentation? Email [email protected] for more information.
Request a Presentation