Members of the branch who have received their certificates since the last AGM will be inducted into the association. In addition, a Vice President's address will happen at the end of the evening with updates on the Professional Governance Act.
An Italian Dinner Buffet will be served with Caesar Salad, Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, Oven Roasted Chicken, Steamed Vegetables, Tossed Green Salad, Baked Fettuccine with Alfredo Sauce, Mediterranean Pasta Salad, and Chef's Dessert Selection
The update on the Professional Governance Act will include topics of:
For more information on the Professional Governance Act and the topics that will be referred to during this presentation, please refer to The Current Status of the Professional Governance Act.
- When the Act will cominto force;
- The process for nominating members to run for election to Council;
- Regulation of firms;
- Competency and Conflict of Interest Declarations; and
- Independent practice rights of professionals.
Vice President, Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia
Larry is a West Kootenay resident and currently a Senior Project Manager for Wood (formerly Amec Foster Wheeler). He has worked for operating companies, OEM’s, service companies, and consultants throughout the province. He earned his Bachelor of Applied Science in Mechanical Engineering at the University of British Columbia. He has more than 30 years of experience as an engineer during which he has worked in project management and several other capacities. This year marks his term as the Vice President of the association Council.
- Guest/Non-member Registration: If you are not a member of Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia, you can register online by quickly creating a 'Non-member' account. After clicking on the 'Register' link, you will be brought to a login screen. Towards the bottom, there is a ‘Create new account’ link. Click this link and follow the prompts to create your account and then you will be able to register online with this new account. Thank you and we look forward to having you join us.
- Photography Disclaimer: Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia will take photographs at this event and may use those in our news or promotional material in print, electronic, or other media, including our website. By attending this event, you grant Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia the right to use your name and photograph for such purposes. Should you wish to avoid being photographed, please notify an event volunteer at the onsite event registration desk.
- Alcohol Disclaimer: This event is intended for responsible adults of legal drinking age. Please drink responsibly and do not drink and drive.