Awards & Recognition
The Engineers and Geoscientists BC Awards (formerly the President’s Awards) are British Columbia’s top awards for professional engineers, professional geoscientists, and professional licensees, and have been developed to recognize the exemplary and outstanding professional, technical, and volunteer contributions of our registrants in enhancing public safety and wellbeing in BC.
- The McLachlan Award for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering: This award recognizes a leader who has made significant professional and technical achievements to professional engineering and has demonstrated substantial volunteer service, preferably to Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
- The Westerman Award for Outstanding Achievement in Geoscience: This award recognizes a leader who has made significant professional and technical achievements to professional geoscience and has demonstrated substantial volunteer service, preferably to Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
- The Meritorious Achievement Award: This award recognizes a registrant who has achieved distinction and outstanding goals associated with their profession that have enhanced the safety, wellbeing, or interest of the public.
- The Lambert Award for Volunteer Service: This award recognizes a registrant that has made a substantial or sustained contribution of professional service, through leadership and dedication in a volunteer capacity, to Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
- The Young Professional Award: This award recognizes a registrant under 40 years of age who has made professional and technical achievements in engineering and/or geoscience and has demonstrated volunteer service, preferably to Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
- The Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Award: Introduced in 2022, this award recognizes registrants who have made significant contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) in the engineering and geoscience professions in British Columbia.
- The Innovation in Sustainability Award: This award recognizes an engineering or geoscience project that addresses environmental protection and environmental enhancement, developing solutions to address a changing climate, and seeking to realize sustainable outcomes.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC recognizes the importance and value of equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) within the professions of engineering and geoscience as part of our regulatory mandate. For more information on our values and commitment to EDI, read our Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Statement on our website.
Nominations are sought annually in January for selection in June, and presentation each October. Completed nominations, along with supporting information, should be submitted through the online nomination form by 5 PM on Friday, April 7, 2023. Nominations can be made by both registrants and non-registrants.
|April 7, 2023
||Deadline for submissions of award nominations
||Awards selection and winners contacted
||Awards presented to winners
Nominations must include:
- Completion of the online nomination form;
- The nominee's resume;
- At least one letter of support; and
- Optional additional supporting information (such as news clippings, media coverage, photos, and examples of work projects).
The Innovation in Sustainability Award follows a slightly different timeline. For more details on applying for this award visit the Innovation in Sustainability Award procedures webpage.
|February 28, 2023
||Application deadline for the Inital Application (1-2 page document)
||Applicants notified to submit a full submission
||Application deadline for the full submission
||Award selection and winner contacted
||Award presented to winners
If you have questions about the Engineers and Geoscientists BC Awards, eligibility of a candidate, or require support in making an award nomination, please contact [email protected].
The Forest Engineering Award of Excellence, sponsored jointly by Engineers and Geoscientists BC and the Association of BC Forest Professionals (ABCFP), recognizes excellence and promotes cooperation and leadership in forest engineering in the broadest sense.
Engineers Canada Fellowship
Engineers Canada has created a fellowship to identify and recognize individuals who have contributed significantly to the profession of engineering, and to create a group of people who continue to contribute to and advance recognition of the profession of engineering.
Geoscientists Canada Fellowship
The Geoscientists Canada Fellowship honours individuals who have given noteworthy service to the geoscience profession, through service to Geoscientists Canada, service to one of the provincial and territorial regulatory bodies that are the constituent associations of Geoscientists Canada, or service in another capacity.