One’s level of influence can be dramatically improved by carefully adjusting ideas to the concerns and communication styles of others, and by formulating ideas in a compelling way. As influencing skills are used more often, resistance to change decreases along with the need to use authority/positional power, leading to stronger relationships and increased commitment.
In this interactive virtual workshop, participants bring their own case studies and use the theory presented to hone their ideas and to maximize acceptance by their stakeholder group.
- Improved odds of getting good ideas adopted in the organization.
- Improved ability to influence peers and superiors.
- Reduced resistance to change.
- Reduced reliance of the use of authority/positional power.
- Improved relationships.
- Increased commitment to new ideas.
- Overcoming resistance to change;
- Analyzing stakeholders;
- Adapting to the style of others;
- Active listening;
- Adaptation of ideas through negotiation and conflict resolution;
- Increasing one’s credibility with people;
- How to appeal to both logic and emotion; and
- Speaking persuasively to individuals and groups.
This course is relevant to people at all levels (including senior leaders) who would like to improve their level of influence without relying on positional power.
Kwela Leadership & Talent Management
Glen is based on Vancouver Island and has over 20 years experience in driving results by working with leaders in developing strategic business opportunities, managing associated change and enabling team success through role modelling, training, coaching, and problem solving. His big picture and authentic approach helps leaders uncover possibilities within themselves and others so that they can create powerful teams that trust, perform, and act with integrity. Glen has a range of expertise in self-awareness, change management, business development, strategy design, accountabilit-based leadership and skills training, and is a passionate and engaging facilitator.
Outside of work, Glen loves all things “adventure”, travel, self-awareness, and relaxing in the beauty of mother nature on foot or with a paddle. Glen holds a Bachelor of Commerce with a minor in International Business from Ryerson University and is a Certified Adult Educator and Landmark Graduate.