Up to 1 Year Term
Engineers and Geoscientists BC’s mentoring program allows experienced licensed professionals to transfer their skills and knowledge to aspiring and current professional members in one or more of the following topics:
- Engineers and Geoscientists BC registration process
- Career counselling
- Retirement and succession planning
- General mentoring
- Establishing a professional network
- It is the responsibility of the mentee to keep Engineers and Geoscientists BC updated on the status of your relationship. Once the relationship is finished, you should encourage your mentee to get in touch with Engineers and Geoscientists BC and notify us.
- You will be sharing your knowledge and experiences with a mentee throughout your one year term. This can be done with in-person meetings, emails, phone calls or e-meetings.
- Registered member in good standing who has been a professional engineer or professional geoscientist for a minimum of three years with Engineers and Geoscientists BC or another Association, and
- Has a strong understanding of his/her profession and is willing to share that knowledge with current members-in-training, applicants or professional members.
- Once a successful match is made, it will be for a one year term. However the match can be ended at any time by the mentee or mentor.
- It is encouraged that you invest at least one hour per month into the program.
The successful mentor will:
- Share his or her knowledge, information and experiences,
- Provide guidance and constructive feedback,
- Have conversations,
- Learn from each other, and
- Ask open questions, listen actively, clarify and confirm.
- Opportunity to advance the profession by sharing your knowledge and experience,
- Learn new skills and expand your business network,
- Earn credits for CPD, and
- Volunteer appreciation.
Please visit our For Mentors
page to learn more and apply to become a Mentor.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment that values and respects diversity, both within our organization and in our larger community.