Mr. Edward Joe Yam Lee was previously suspended in 1995 and 1996 as a result of disciplinary action. Mr. Lee complied with the conditions under the 1995 and 1996 Orders.
A Notice of Inquiry was issued to Mr. Lee in April 2017 regarding his use of engineering seal. In lieu of proceeding to a disciplinary inquiry, Mr. Lee agreed to a Consent Order dated October 31, 2017. By way of the Consent Order, Mr. Lee admitted that he demonstrated unprofessional conduct, incompetence, or negligence in 2007 by sealing a drawing for the connection of air conditioning equipment to a cooling tower when the drawing was not prepared under his direct supervision. Mr. Lee admitted that he did not have adequate knowledge of the cooling system at the property at the time the drawing was sealed, and that by sealing the drawing he misrepresented to the Strata Corporation that he prepared or supervised the preparation of the drawing. Mr. Lee admitted that while the drawing was marked “for management approval and construction,” he knew the drawing was conceptual only and could not safely be issued for construction.
As part of the Consent Order, Mr. Lee agreed to the following:
- His membership in Engineers and Geoscientists BC is cancelled effective March 1, 2018.
- From the date of signing the Consent Order to March 1, 2018, Mr. Lee will make arrangement for the orderly transfer of his ongoing professional engineering project files to other professional engineers.
- Within 30 days Mr. Lee will pay a fine in the amount of $1,500 to Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
- Within 30 days Mr. Lee will pay $7,500 towards the legal costs incurred by Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
- In the event that Mr. Lee fails to comply with the terms of the Consent Order, his membership with Engineers and Geoscientists BC will be suspended until every default has been remedied.
The full text of the Consent Order agreed to by Mr. Lee can be found on our website.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC’s website contains information on our complaint, investigation and discipline process. You can contact us at 604.412.4869 or toll-free at 1.888.430.8035 ext. 4869 or by email at [email protected].