From supporting our regulatory efforts to advising on the operations of Engineers and Geoscientists BC, volunteers perform a critical role at the organization and in the regulatory landscape in BC.
Some of the current volunteer opportunities include:
- Advisory groups for software engineering, standing awards, sustainability, and Innovation magazine;
- Statutory committees for the credentials and investigation processes;
- Applicant reviewers, assessors and interviewers;
- Mentorship of other professionals; and
- Outreach volunteers for the organization’s annual Science Games event.
The full list of available volunteer opportunities is updated regularly, and available on our Volunteer Opportunities page. Each posting listed includes a description and scope of the position, and the expected time commitment.
Volunteer positions can be an important source of Continuing Education (CE) hours for registrants. Volunteer activities could fit into Technical Learning, Communications and Leadership Learning, Regulatory Learning, or Ethical Learning. For more information on recording volunteer activities as CE Hours, check out the “Avenues of Learning” section (3.2.2) of our Guide to Continuing Education Program.
As well, volunteering provides ongoing opportunities to build your network, learn and develop new skills, earn professional development credits, contribute your ideas, and innovate.
For more information or to apply for a volunteer position, visit egbc.ca/Volunteer.