Cancelling a Permit to Practice

To be eligible to cancel a firm’s Permit to Practice, the firm must:

  • Not engage in the practice of engineering or geoscience;
  • If incorporated in British Columbia, ensure the firm’s name does not contain a restricted word; and
  • Not imply on a website or any other type of media that it is a Registrant Firm of Engineers and Geoscientists BC or is authorized to practice professional engineering or geoscience.

If the Firm is incorporated in British Columbia and contains a restricted word you must change the Firm’s name to remove the restricted word and provide a Certificate of Name Change or dissolve the Firm and provide a Certificate of Dissolution.

Please note that Permit to Practice fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. Cancellation requests cannot be postdated.

If you have further questions about this process, please email [email protected].

If the firm meets the above criteria, a Responsible Officer can submit a request to cancel the Permit to Practice and email the PDF form to [email protected].