Engineers and Geoscientists BC

Cancelling a Permit to Practice

To be eligible to cancel a firm’s Permit to Practice, the firm must:

  • Not engage in the practice of engineering or geoscience;
  • If incorporated in British Columbia, ensure the firm’s name does not contain a restricted word; and
  • Not imply on a website or any other type of media that it is a Registrant Firm of Engineers and Geoscientists BC or is authorized to practice professional engineering or geoscience. See the associated bulletin for examples of acceptable and unacceptable language for service offering(s). 

If the Firm is incorporated in British Columbia and contains a restricted word you must change the Firm’s name to remove the restricted word and provide a Certificate of Name Change or dissolve the Firm and provide a Certificate of Dissolution.

Please note that Permit to Practice fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. Cancellation requests cannot be postdated.

If you have further questions about this process, please email [email protected].

If the firm meets the above criteria, a Responsible Officer can submit a request to cancel the Permit to Practice by filling out the form below.

Permit to Practice Cancellation Request Form

By signing this document, I, as the Responsible Officer for the Firm named above, declare that the Firm is not engaged in any ongoing engineering and/or geoscience work. I am aware of my obligations at sections 9 and 12 of the Responsible Officer Declaration at Schedule E of the Bylaws of Engineers and Geoscientists BC to provide up-to-date and accurate information, and to abide by any conditions or requirements directed by Engineers and Geoscientists BC related to the cancellation.