CE Plan Templates
- Download and fill out the template (fillable PDF or Word) to plan your CE activities for the year and assess the risks of your practice.
- Examples of completed CE Plans: Example for P.Eng. or Example for P.Geo.
- Your CE Plan requirement will be marked “Complete” upon successfully submitting your Annual Reporting declaration.
For additional support with completing your CE Plan, see our FAQs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Review the FAQs for answers to common questions about the CE Program and for support using our online resources, tools, and technology.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC provides registrants with a variety of opportunities to help meet their continuing education requirements.
- Seminars and events are held throughout the year.
- Online learning options:
- Our Knowledge Centre makes it easy to enjoy flexibility while achieving your continuing education goals. It features video recordings of live Engineers and Geoscientists BC webinars and online courses, making continuing education opportunities more accessible to registrants. New videos and courses are added throughout the year.
- External seminars from a variety of external professional development providers offer technical, management, and business-related sessions.
- Group discounts are available for three or more people from the same organization attending the same seminar on the same date (some exceptions apply, not applicable to Online and Distance Education).
For questions about CE Offerings, please contact [email protected].
Eligible continuing education activities can come from a variety of avenues and are not restricted to the offerings available from egbc.ca. For examples of other avenues of learning, please review Table 7 of the Guide to the CE Program.
Regulatory Learning Modules
- 2023–2024 on climate change and sustainability.
- 2022–2023 on Truth and Reconciliation with Indigenous peoples.
- 2021–2022 on changes to registrant obligations under the Professional Governance Act (PGA).
Guidance and Videos
- Download the CE Program Compliance Checklist.
- How to Complete 2022-2023 CE requirements video.
- Introduction to the CE Program video.
- For additional support, see our FAQs.
Guide to the CE Program
The Guide to the CE Program outlines the ways in which the CE Program applies to registrants and provides details about the program requirements.
- Late Fee Waivers or Refund (applications accepted July 1 – September 30)
- Exemption for Medical, Parental, or Compassionate Care Leave
- Annual Reporting Deadline Deferral (applications accepted May 1 – June 30)
- Dispute Suspension or Cancellation (applications accepted October 1 – December 31)
Log in to your account to review the criteria and complete the application form.
Resources for Firms
- A Brief Guide to CE for Firms
- 2023-2024 Presentation Slides
- Lunchroom Poster
- Looking for other resources to support your firm with CE compliance? Send us an email at [email protected].
For more information on the Continuing Education Program, visit the following pages:
- CE Reporting System: Log CE Hours and meet CE requirements.
- Requirements: Explains the requirements of the CE Program.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Answers to questions about the CE Program.
- Account Dashboard: Review the status and deadlines of requirements.
Have a question about the Continuing Education Program? Contact [email protected] or leave a voicemail at 236.521.9154.