Kits cost $5.00 and include all building materials, rules, and entry form. Kits are available for purchase in February at various locations:
- Nelson: SNC-Lavalin - #3 - 520 Lake Street, Nelson, BC
- Castlegar: Ready Engineering - 1402 Columbia Avenue, Castlegar, BC
- Trail: SNC-Lavalin - 1319 Bay Avenue, Trail, BC, or Austin Engineering - 875 Farwell Street, Trail, BC
- Creston: Linda Farinowski at Wildflower School (in Prince Charles Secondary School) - 223 18th Avenue South, Creston, BC
- Grand Forks: City of Grand Forks - 7425 5th Street, Grand Forks, BC
- Greenwood: Greenwood Elementary School - 785 N Copper Road, Greenwood, BC
- 9:30 AM–11:30 AM: Bridge entries
- 9:45 AM–2:00 PM: Bridge testing
- 2:30 PM–3:30 PM: Prize distribution
*All times are approximate
- Ages 8 and under
- Ages 9–12
- Ages 13–18
- Unlimited category (Contest organizers, family members, teachers, and anyone over 18)
- $50, $40, and $30 prize money for first, second, and third strongest bridges in each of the three age categories under 19 years of age.
- A draw for prizes to all entrants under 19 years of age. To enter, build and enter a qualifying bridge.
- Guest/Non-member Registration: If you are not a member of Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia, you can register online by quickly creating a 'Non-member' account. After clicking on the 'Register' link, you will be brought to a login screen. Towards the bottom, there is a ‘Create new account’ link. Click this link and follow the prompts to create your account and then you will be able to register online with this new account. Thank you and we look forward to having you join us.
- Photography Disclaimer: Engineers and Geoscientist British Columbia will take photographs at this event and may use those in our news or promotional material in print, electronic, or other media, including our website. By attending this event, you grant Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia the right to use your name and photograph for such purposes. Should you wish to avoid being photographed, please notify an event volunteer at the onsite event registration desk.