How to Apply

We have recently been made aware of a scam targeting potential applicants to Engineers and Geoscientists BC, in which individuals are emailed by purported engineering firms with the offer of a lucrative job and an expedited membership or licence in exchange for of money. The link provided leads to a website that collects personal information. This website does not belong to Engineers and Geoscientists BC.

All applications for membership or licence with Engineers and Geoscientists BC must be made directly through our online system.

If you have received one of these emails, please contact us at [email protected].

Professional Membership and Licence

Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo.), Engineering Licensee (Eng.L.) and Geoscience Licensee (Geo.L.). Designations required to independently practice professional engineering or professional geoscience in British Columbia. 

Learn More or Apply 

Specialist Designation and National Registers

Designated Structural Engineer and National Registers - IPER/APEC EA

Learn More or Apply 


Engineers-in-Training (EIT) and Geoscientist-in-Training (GIT)

Learn More or Apply 

Student Membership

Student Membership with Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia is available to students enrolled in an engineering or geoscience bachelor’s degree program.

Learn More or Apply 

Resuming Practice Rights & Reinstating Membership

Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo.), Engineering Licensees (Eng.L. ), Geoscience Licensees (Geo.L.), Provisional Members, Engineers-in-Training (EIT) and Geoscientists-in-Training (GIT). For current and former professional members and licensees who wish to reinstate practice rights or membership.

Learn More or Apply 

Bridging Pilot Program 

Engineers and Geoscientists BC has developed a pilot bridging program that is designed to allow experienced Engineer Licensees (Eng.L.'s) to demonstrate that they have met the academic requirements for full professional status and help them obtain a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation.

Learn More or Apply