Accredited Employer Program
The Accredited Employer Program helps employers attract and retain high-calibre talent and streamlines the processing and evaluation of applicants seeking professional registration. Through the program, Engineers and Geoscientist BC partners with engineering and geoscience companies that employ engineers-in-training (EITs) and geoscientists-in-training (GITs) to offer work environments that satisfy the experience requirements for the professional engineer (P.Eng.) and geoscientist (P.Geo.) designations.
Employers develop their own training programs and apply to Engineers and Geoscientists BC to become accredited. They are responsible for identifying which of their trainees will participate in the program. Trainees who wish to be considered for the program must work for an accredited company and enroll through their employer.
How the Program Works
The Accredited Employer Program is based upon the Competency Assessment System. Under the program:
- Employers develop their own training program and apply to have it accredited by Engineers and Geoscientists BC;
- Participating trainees are registered on the employer’s recommendation, and their applications are expedited through the low-risk pathway towards professional registration; and
- Accreditation is valid for 3 years and is renewable.
As an employer involved in the program, you will be even better positioned to:
- Attract and retain high-calibre, well-trained EITs and GITs by supplementing your internal training program:
- Help your organization train its trainee employees more effectively and efficiently by aligning with our registration requirements, and help trainees employed by your organization develop into strong candidates for P.Eng. or P.Geo. registration,
- Gain external recognition of your company’s training program,
- Build a stronger trainee program:
- As an accredited employer, you will be invited to the Accredited Employer Program Advisory Committee meetings to provide input on program improvements, and
- Access our dedicated support, guidance, and training on registration competencies.
As a participating employer–supervisor, you will:
- Receive specialized training and reference materials from Engineers and Geoscientists BC to help in the validation process of an trainee's application for professional registration. In addition, receive personal assistance with any questions about the program from the association’s Accredited Employer Program administrator,
- Gain increased knowledge of the required competencies,
- Foster environments for trainee applicants to gain the experience needed to meet the required registration competencies:
- By aligning competencies with performance review objectives, your organization will be better equipped for efficient and effective EIT and/or GIT work training, and
- Qualify for Continuing Education (CE) hours for self-reporting.
As a participating trainee, you will:
- Receive enhanced guidance in gaining necessary competencies for registration:
- Your supervisors are trained by Engineers and Geoscientists BC and understand the requirements you need to become a successful applicant,
- The Accredited Employer Program administrator will be able to personally help you when you have questions about your application process,
- Experience expedited review and registration after 4 years of work experience, provided you have already passed the Professional Practice Exam (PPE) and have completed the Law and Ethic requirements set by Engineers and Geoscientists BC, and
- Become a strong candidate to qualify as a P.Eng. or P.Geo.
To be eligible for the program, you must be working for the accredited employer for at least 2 years and must use the Competency Assessment System to record your work experience. To participate, speak to your employer to find out if they’re accredited or interested in becoming accredited.
How to Register
To register, please fill in our Accredited Employer Program form:
Current Program Participants
- AES Engineering
- Aplin and Martin Consultants
- Associated Engineering
- City of Burnaby
- City of Kelowna
- City of Richmond
- Fast + Epp
- Glotman Simpson Consulting Engineers
- Greenlight Innovation
- Herold Engineering
- ISL Engineering
- JRS Engineering
- Kerr Wood Leidal
- Klohn Crippen Berger
- Kor Structural
- LMDG Building Code Consultants
- Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
- Morrison Hershfield
- RAM Consulting
- RDH Building Science
- Reliable Controls
- Solaris Management Consultants Inc.
- Thurber Engineering
Have a question about the Accredited Employer Program? Email us at [email protected].