An Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia syllabus lists the topics that are required knowledge in a particular discipline. Each syllabus also contains a self-assessment checklist and a list of recommended textbooks for each topic. If you are a new applicant and are not academically qualified in your discipline of registration or licensure, a syllabus helps you by:
- Listing each topic in each discipline, to help you decide what discipline most closely matches your expertise.
- Providing you with a self-assessment checklist to compare your academic qualifications to each topic requirement in a particular discipline, and
- Instructions for completing syllabus and course descriptions.
If you are an examination candidate, the syllabus helps you by providing:
- Recommended textbooks for each examination topic, and
- A full description of the topics on your examination.